(Wed, Feb 20, 2019)
( From last 12 months )
( From last 12 months )
Powerball lottery is a multi-state lottery which costs $2 per play. Players need to select 5 numbers from 1 to 69 and one number for the red ball from 1 to 26. The jackpot for the lottery starts from $40 million and keep on rolling until someone bags it!
Players win a prize by matching one of the 9 ways to win.
Powerball Playing Options
- Ask for a Playslip from the retailer to mark your desired numbers on it.
- Or skip the Playslip and ask for Quick Pick to let the computer pick the lucky numbers for you!
Power Play feature is a way to multiply your non-jackpot winnings. You need to ask for Power Play with your Powerball ticket purchase for an additional $1 per play. The multiplier is selected randomly before each play. This feature can multiply non-jackpot prizes by 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10 times!
Remember that 10X multiplier is only in play when the advertised jackpot annuity is $150 million or less.
You can play the same set of numbers for multiple draws by selecting the consecutive drawing you want to play.
Winning Combinations and Odds for Powerball
Odds for Main Game
|5+1||Jackpot*||1 in 292,201,338.00|
|5||$1 Million||1 in 11,688,053.52|
|4+1||$50,000||1 in 913,129.18|
|4||$100||1 in 36,525.17|
|3+1||$100||1 in 14,494.11|
|3||$7||1 in 579.76|
|2+1||$7||1 in 701.33|
|1+1||$4||1 in 91.98|
|1 (Red Ball)||$4||1 in 38.32|
Overall odds of winning Powerball is 1 in 24.9.
Drawing Date and Time for Powerball
Drawings for Powerball are held twice a week, i.e., Wednesday and Saturday every evening at 10:50 PM ET
Official Results of Powerball
- Visit their official website to check your numbers!
- Check your local newspapers.
- Visit your local lottery retailers .
Rules Governing Powerball
- Minimum age to play Powerball is 18-21 years depending upon your state.
- You can claim the prizes from the state you purchased your ticket in the first place.
- Powerball jackpot is subject to federal law and tax rate for the top prize is 25% while state tax varies.
- In California, Powerball Prizes are pari-mutuel, which means the prizes are varied depending upon the number of winners and ticket sales.
- The validity of the ticket is 180-365 days depending upon the state.
Claiming a Prize from the Powerball Lottery
- Sign your ticket even before you know that you’re a winner.
- Prizes up to $599 can be redeemed at the retail store without any hassle.
- Prizes worth more than $599 can be claimed at the official office of Powerball by filling out the claim form.
- You can either take out the prize money as a lump sum or annuity (for over 29 years).